Monday, January 10, 2011

1st Day On The Job

Today I started my first full day interning with Talk Radio News! It involved going to a seminar this morning on the national budget. It was very interesting and I learned valuable information about the intricate budgeting processes. Plus it catered specifically to reporters and how to research info on the budget. All the info made my head spin.

The later half of the day, I was geared up with my audio recorder, camera, and notepad and sent to a photo-op/stake-out where House members were signing well wishes to Rep. Giffords. I waited like a vulture after other reporters left and was able to score a one-on-one interview with Rep. Franks of AZ. After I stopped the mic from shaking during my first question, the interview went relatively smoothly and I was able to grab some interesting quotes from him regarding the healthcare repeal.

Two of the pics I took of the occasion were published on the Talk Radio News website and can be viewed here . And tomorrow I will post the story regarding Rep. Franks remarks on the repeal.

Not to shabby for my first day out right?- I didn't think so!

More to come!

P.S. Click Here to read the Trent Franks story on Talk Radio News website (01/11/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment